Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life's Treasures!

God is so good and so generous! Among the many
wonderful things He provides us are friends!
The day that I was saved, I honestly would tell you that
I had few real friends. Fair weather friends were plentiful
but once I gave my heart and life to Jesus, they all
disappeared.  Little did I know that God had a grand
plan for me and my life. While He was working in me,
He was bringing lots and lots of wonderful people into
my life that I treasure as friends, real friends. This blog
usually focuses on our home team and those friendships
that God has knit together. Today I'd like to introduce
you to some of my other cherished friends from church.
Some have been a part of my monthly prayer group,
several are former students that God reintroduced
into my life. How wonderful that now more than 30 years
later we socialize with each other and serve God side
by side. And there are friends met initially at 'meet
and greet' time during service. How we met doesn't
really matter . That we met and that God is helping
us grow closer together as friends is a real gift that
I treasure. Today we gathered for some great food
and time together. Check it out!


We prepared great food!


My husband Charlie is a great host. Even today,
though he hasn't been feeling very well, he made
an effort to come out to visit and say 'Hello".


Everyone visited!


Laughed!


 Made new friends!


Laughed even more!


And we enjoyed lots of yummy food!


Even our young friends enjoyed getting together!


Well almost everyone did. Why do we always have someone
from the 'witness protection plan' joining us?

Thanks everyone for another great day spent together!
I treasure your friendship and am blessed
beyond measure. God is so good!

Posted by Sally

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely a fantastic afternoon with wonderful friends that GOD put together, lots of great food and laughter galore too.

    Thanks Sally & Charlie again for opening your home to all of us

    GOD Bless both of you Ralph & Donna

    ReplyDelete