Monday, March 8, 2010

Why a Home Team???

We are so excited that people are curious about our home team! Though we are at our full capacity of 10 faithful members, we'd encourage everyone to consider whether or not a home team is right for them! You can host, facilitate or be a member of the team that best fits your need and/or area of interest! Our home team works for us for many reasons. Watch the video to see how Sally feels about home teams.





Our home team works because we have spent time listening to each other, developing our friendships and learning to trust one another. As our friendships have grown, we have been able to open up to each other about our personal lives, our struggles, and our needs. This did not happen overnight but over time.


Laurie's Story: "I have been at LAOG for almost 15 years. During that time I have met many, many people and have been active in ministries within the church. I rarely shared my personal story or life with people at church. Through developing true friendships and loving relationships in our small group, I have been able to openly discuss my inner struggles as a Christian woman. I know I have accountability partners who love me, who encourage me to persevere, and who speak truth to me. I am blessed to be surrounded by women and men of faith...that I can call true friends!"

Kim's Story:"Hebrews:10:24-25 speaks about meeting together and encouraging one another as 'the Day approaches.' I think of our home team as an opportunity to do exactly that. I appreciate the fact that our host/leader,Sally, opens her home to us each week where we can go and sometimes just 'crash'. Each week we prepare to discuss what we have read for our study, but the cool thing about our group is that if someone in our group needs to vent, laugh or cry- we know that we can do that. Over the past year my family has been through a variety of experiences and what a blessing it has been to know that there is a group of people who are there to encourage me to press on through this journey."

In the weeks to come, we hope to post comments from other members of our Small Group/Home Team. If you are a member of LAOG, and are interested or curious, speak with Pastor Harv!

Until our next posting, We strive to live In Line With The Word,
Sally and the entire team

2 comments:

  1. I love our small group!!! You guys are the bestestest in the world!!! Where else I can spew water everywhere and not be absolutely and utterly embarassed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan and I were a part of a small group for the first five years of our marriage. It was a wonderful experience and we are so thankful for the years we had with our "home team." A great small group can be such a blessing and support system in your life!! Our church has kind-of gotten away from the small group concept and I think it's ashame b/c Ryan and I both loved our small group and we grew so much during those times of fellowship!

    ReplyDelete