Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Small Things in Life!

 When I went to bed last night a few snow flakes were 
 floating down from the heavens. This morning we woke 
to this winter wonderland.



 

The snow was wet, deep and very heavy. As my day started, 
the power flickered and it got me thinking about the seemingly
'small' things in life that we can easily take for granted. 
They include things that many people don't have.
These are things that have helped to make our lives
much easier and much more comfortable.


Power! Electric power can be fickle in these
weather conditions.This morning the lights went out, 
and the alarm momentarily sounded and then reset. 
No power would mean no heat or coffee! No hot
breakfast! No Fox & Friends! No
computer! Oh my!


No power means no hot water! I've never liked a
cold shower. I love being able to turn on a faucet and 
getting hot water for a shower, doing dishes, laundry,
or to simply wash my hands.


Snowplows! Sooner or later, we'll have to get outside
to clear the sidewalk and driveway. Charlie and are so 
grateful to have a truck and plow! 


Yikes! I just had a flashback to when I was a kid
and 'no school days' were spent shoveling snow to
clear the driveway. We got lots of snow way back 
then you know! It was an exhausting job and today
my back just couldn't and wouldn't be able to get
the job done!

  

While I realize that the cats aren't thinking about 
much more than the possibility of a morning
snack, I'm wonder what you're most grateful for
today? I am blessed with my life! I realize that those 
small things aren't really so small and that there are 
so many things, not mentioned in this posting that 
I'm Thankful for!  How about you? Have you said 
'Thank You' today to the God that has blessed you 
with so much?

Striving to live In Line With the Word,
Sally





No comments:

Post a Comment