Saturday, November 14, 2009

Delivery Day

Well delivery day has arrived! Honestly, I am so tired that I didn't think that it would ever come and in other ways it arrived so fast. It is worth all of the time and energy expended. I just imagine the reaction of the children as they wait to receive their boxes and what their reaction is as they open it and go through their gifts. The best gift of all of course is that they learn all about Jesus and what He has given to all who accept Him as Lord and Savior. It's a remarkable gift!



Our first step was to take a final count because more boxes were brought in on Family Night Wednesday.
Then we began loading the trailer for the ride to the next stop on their journey. Jay and Charlie got them loaded and secured in no time at all.
 

 
We enjoyed a cool fall day, with a brisk occasional breeze and raw temperatures. It was a reminder that Winter and Christmas will be arriving very soon. 



Check out Debbie Thrush giving us a 'thumbs up'! She is the coordinator for OCC at the Life Care Center that we use as our drop off point. She and her crew made it so easy. Who is that guy with the ball cap ? Why it's our very own Jay who has been invaluable help! Thanks Jay.

Our FINAL count (someone please tell Christian in PA) is 441 boxes!

From Sally and all of the In Line With The Word team!


2 comments:

  1. So exciting!! It just brings tears to my eyes to think of all the precious children who will recieve those boxes. A team from our church is going to the Dominican Republic to deliver them and I wish I could go. Maybe next year! I think OCC is an amazing program! It takes so many people to make it happen and you guys did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I have missed so much! You are right, Sally. The blog wasn't updating your new posts so I assumed there weren't any. Today, however, it does show this most recent one.

    Well, at least now I have a lot to look at and catch up with. I took a quick look at all you have been doing and it's fantastic! So great to see Kim back too. I so enjoy all the photos. I need pictures, and you always come through.

    I don't know why blogger isn't updating other blogs when you post. Unfortunately I am also having some blogger problems with my sidebar items and I don't know how to fix those either. The only way I ever figure any of it out is to go to their help section and try to make sense of things. Takes a lot of time and determination, which I haven't had lately.

    I look foward to keeping up with you all in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete